Friday, March 26, 2010
This is something I put together last night, and it is delicious. I hope you enjoy it!
- 3 tablespoons Olive Oil, not first cold pressed
- 1 Tablespoon Garlic, minced
- 2 Red Bell Peppers, diced
- 1/2 large, or 1 medium Onion, diced
- 1 can diced tomatoes, flavored with garlic and onion
- 6 strips bacon, cooked & chopped
- Spinach, chiffonade
- Boursin Cheese, 1/2 package
- Parmesan Cheese, shaved
- Almonds or Pistachios, slivered & toasted
- Brown Rice Pasta, Cooked
In large pan heat oil over medium high heat. Add peppers, onion, garlic & tomatoes. Cook until peppers are slightly softened and heated through. Turn heat to medium low and add Boursin cheese & bacon. Stir until cheese is melted. Turn heat off and add spinach. Serve over pasta, on pizza crust or on toast. Top with Parmesan and nuts. Enjoy!
This is a great, easy little dish that hits the spot on a warm day.
- canned chicken, drained
- grapes - red or white
- dried basil flakes
- toasted slivered almonds
Mix all ingredients in a bowl, to taste. Serve on toasted bread, with pasta, with crackers or all by itself. Enjoy!