What you need:
- rice paper (I like the round ones for this. They are available at some grocery stores, or at your local Asian stores)
- a plate of lukewarm water for softening the paper
- any veggies, herbs, leftover meat, fruit slices, even cooked rice or rice noodles
- dipping sauce of your choice (you can buy these already made or go online and find a recipe)
2. Cut or grate ingredients into bite size pieces.
3. Put lukewarm water onto plate.
4. Soften the rice paper in the lukewarm water for 10-30 seconds, or until soft and slightly sticky.
5. Move your rice paper to another plate and fill with ingredients.
6. Roll your rice paper up to make a neat package.
Here are some combinations of ingredients I like:
- salad greens, leftover roasted chicken, sliced green apple and pomegranate seeds
- rice, leftover roasted chicken and mint with chili dipping sauce
- salad greens, pork, orange slices and mint
- rice, red pepper (raw or roasted/grilled), feta cheese and pine nuts
- salad greens, onion, beef, sliced caramelized onion and mushrooms
- chicken, sun dried tomatoes, mozzarella cheese and basil
- capers, salmon or other fish, and softened cream cheese
- salad greens, tuna salad, cracked black pepper